Jesus figure - first pass filling
Now that the joins on the Jesus torso have been prepared we can start work on filling them and reconstructing the lost fingers. First stage is to trim the armature wire to the correct length to support the new fingers, and then bend the wire to the correct pose using a pair of needle nose pliers.

Next stage is to apply a first pass of filler to create the rough form of the new fingers. The shape isn't too important yet - it's better at this stage to just make sure you've effectively applied the filler to the armature to create a good solid base for further sculpting.

I used a white, ready mixed all purpose filler that could be easily carved and sanded when dry.

I continued to roughly fill all the joint seams on the Jesus figure.



Next stage is to apply a first pass of filler to create the rough form of the new fingers. The shape isn't too important yet - it's better at this stage to just make sure you've effectively applied the filler to the armature to create a good solid base for further sculpting.

I used a white, ready mixed all purpose filler that could be easily carved and sanded when dry.
I continued to roughly fill all the joint seams on the Jesus figure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home